Friday, September 7, 2012

Rumi sayings (1)

I used to read the myths of Love, now I have become the mythical Lover.

Paradise is surrounded by what we dislike; the fires of hell are surrounded by what we desire. 

You know what love is?
It is all kindness, generosity.
Disharmony prevails when
You confuse lust with love, while
The distance between the two
Is endless.

In Silence there is eloquence. Stop weaving and see how the pattern improves.

As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears. 

Anything born in spring dies in fall,
but love is not seasonal.  

From myself I'm a stone,
but through You I am a gem. 

Your heart is the size of an ocean.
Go find yourself in its hidden depths. 

And still, after all this time, the Sun has never said to the Earth,
'You owe me.' Look what happens with love like that. It lights up the sky. 

I merged so completely with Love and was so fused that I became Love and Love became me. 

To praise the sun is to praise your own eyes. 

In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.
You dance inside my chest,
where no one sees you.

We can’t help being thirsty, moving toward the voice of water. 

Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation. 

You are so weak. Give up to grace.
The ocean takes care of each wave
till it gets to shore.

Every tree and plant in the meadow seemed to be dancing, those which average eyes would see as fixed and still. 

Who could be so lucky? Who comes to a lake for water and sees the reflection of moon. 

All that you think is rain is not. Behind the veil angels sometimes weep. ~ Rumi

The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along. 

This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet. 


When I am with you, we stay up all night.
When you're not here, I can't go to sleep.
Praise God for those two insomnias!
And the difference between them.

Suffering is a gift.
In it is hidden mercy. 

Life is sweet.
But merging with you is far sweeter.

Don't be sad! Because God sends the hope in the most desperate moments. Don't forget; the heaviest rain comes out of the darkest clouds.

In every religion there is love,
yet love has no religion. 

The heart's a boundless ocean illimitable;
Its waves break unnumbered in every soul.

The agony of lovers
burns with the fire of passion.
Lovers leave traces of where they've been.
The wailing of broken hearts
is the doorway to God. 

Thirst drove me down to the water where I drank the moon's reflection. 

'My heart is so small, how can you put such great sorrows in it?' 
'Look,' he replied, 'your eyes are even smaller yet they behold the world.'

Heart, be brave. If you cannot be brave, just go. Love's glory is not a small thing. 

My soul wants to fly away when your presence calls it so sweetly. My soul wants to take flight, when you whisper, 'arise'.



Love is a travel. All travellers whether they want or not are changed. No one can travel into love and remain the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment